– remember you are listening.
We wouldn’t say the things we say to ourselves to our friends or loved ones because we care about them and wouldn’t want to hurt them. We need to learn to treat ourselves with the same love and kindness we use to treat those we care about.
If your only self talk have been negative and mean towards yourself for years it can feel very uncomfortable at first to be kind to yourself, but over times it gets easier.Be aware of the your thoughts and words today and say kind things about yourself.
Ways to be kind to you…
- Take Good Care of Yourself. Get enough sleep, eat healthy and get some form of exercise that you enjoy on a regular basis.
- Lift Yourself Up. When you make a mistake you have two choices. You can tear yourself down or you can lift yourself up. People who are kind to themselves choose the latter.Tell yourself everything is going to be okay. Remind yourself of your past successes and come up with a plan for dealing with what happened and take action.
- Forgive Yourself. We all mess up, that’s part of life and how we learn and grow.Instead of getting angry at yourself be kind. Stop blaming yourself, resolve to do better and forgive yourself.
- . Recognize Your Accomplishments. Often we’re slow to acknowledge our own accomplishments. It’s time for that has to stop. Become aware of your own achievements and give yourself recognition. Tell yourself, “Good Job!”
- Make Some Me Time. Every day take some time for yourself and do something that brings you joy. You can draw, journal, go for a walk or do anything else that you love to do. Be kind to yourself by giving yourself some “me time” each day.